Thursday, May 6, 2010

Art Talk

Have you ever met a like minded friend? One you can talk to about the things in life you are most passionate and fondest of? Introduce me to someone who loves Art and loves God and we can be instant friends.

I made an istant friend. And she and I went out together today. There was Micheals, where I bought some primary paint. In that store we stayed and talked and walked and giggled and shared ideas and talked about things we wanted to do, and projects we had seen, what we liked what we didn't like. We discussed our favorite artists, brushes, paints, styles, everything. And then...we headed down the sidewalk to Borders. All the books filled our heads, and we stayed and talked for some time. There were journals that we talked of filling, books we talked of reading, and movies we talked about liking. We sat in the floor and discussed the Bible, the chronological Bible, and the Canon, and ESV (English Standard Version). We shared books that we liked, and that we didn't like. I told her about Francince Rivers and Frank Perreti. She told me about a few books that I haven't read, that I NEED to read. Keep in mind, this all started around 2 this afternoon. We thought it was about 4, maybe 3:30, at the latest. We looked at the clock. 4:00 had come and gone and we were going on 5:00. When great minds get together, time means nothing.

It's been a while since I could just GO and talk about things I loved with someone. I feel like I made a valuable friendship today, and now I have someone to talk to. Someone who understands, and gets excited about the same things I get excited about. Someone who loves God passionatly and whole heartedly, and who shares my immense and scary love for Art.

I'm exhausted. But I feel so blessed today, that I just wanted to share that with everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment