Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Matthew 6:26 and Psalm 8:3&4


This painting started this weekend, when I met God in a room full of people who were worshiping Him. He told me, You need to stop worrying, and stop fearing this. This is what I want from you, this is what I'm asking. Trust me with it. Other people were on their feet, hands lifted worshipping him. I was hunddled in my chair, sobbing over the love of God. There are things I am worried about, there are things that He is asking me to do that I don't want to do. And I still didn't want to listen. I said, "God, you've gotta give me some sort of sign here or something, confirm this, please!" He did. I know, exactly, what it is He wants me to do, granted, I really don't want to do it. That day, our church sat out on some grass and ate lunch. I laid back and realized how beautiful the leaves were and took pictures. Today I painted those leaves...but...something was missing. A purple bird came to mind, so I painted it. And then I realized. "Why do you worry about things? Don't I take care of you? See the birds, see them, do they worry? Do they freak out? No. No they don't, and I still take care of them. I feed them! And they're just birds, something I put on this Earth for you to enjoy! Don't you know you are much more valuable than they are?" [based off Matthew 6:26, paraphrased]

Now I have a painting commemorating what He has spoken to me.




This painting...ohhh this painting. I had this canvas for months, and I had NO IDEA what to do with it. And then finally, FINALLY, I get this idea, and I start playing with the leaves and the purple...but once again, something was just missing. While this was going on, a good friend of mine had a baby and I was pirviledged enough to see the birth of my god-child, Juilet. On my way out of the hospital, something on the ground caught my eye. It was a butterfly. I took a picture, came home, and translated it to this painting. I added the verse, because God has made all these intricate things. Butterflies, platypus, trees, flowers, giraffs...He is SO creative, and yet...He loves us. Amazing, don't you think?

I did. Now I have a painting on my wall to commemorate God's creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment