Thursday, April 22, 2010

Exposing Light

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them."
-Isaiah 42:16



I think the Bible is the best source of inspiration I've ever had. There are no words, no painting, nothing that could tell you the source of joy, hope, love, and conviction I've gotten from one book.

Lately, I've been trying to put what I see in my head when I read a verse to canvas. This is the first of many more that I hope to share with the world. There are so many references in the Bible to Light. Wonderful Light. Amazing Light. Exposing Light. Loving Light. Light that leads when you don't see the path, Light that exposes when you didn't think that anything was even wrong.

When I read this verse in Isaiah, I stopped and re-read it. Then I read it again, and again and I want to memorize it, to "write it on the tablet of my heart". In my mind, I saw the trees, growing tall and strong, and blocking the way, making darkness with their shadows. And then I saw the Light, beaming through, showing the path, making a way...when before, I didn't see a way.

I'm reminded of a song, "Into Marvelous Light I'm running, out of darkness, out of shame."

Do you ever get pictures in your head while you read the love letter sent by God?

4 comments:

  1. Love this too, Maddie! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously crazy about this painting. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont take this the wrong way...cause you know I truly love all your stuff....but this does not look like a "maddie painting" It is especially awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a typical "Maddie" type painting! That's why I think I love it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete