Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunshine and Tutu's

I ran away into the woods. Because honestly, I didn't know what to do this time. I was hit with a curveball, and there are some that would think that my curveball was trivial, but to me, it was huge, and it was everything. And I...I was overwhelmed. There is so much clutter in this world, in my room, in my life, that I needed to be somewhere simple. Somewhere, where nothing matters. How I look doesn't matter, what I'm going through doesn't matter, nothing matters except was is, and what is already there. I wore a tutu in the woods. I laid in the sun. I drew pictures of a friend. I let the sunshine surround me and I let it swallow me up, and I just didn't think for a while. It was brilliant.



I might go back up the woods again soon. I might take my Bible and some worhsip music and seek God on a mountain, seek some of those answers I am in deseprate need of. But for now, I'm thankful for the sunshine, and being able to finally feel like I can indeed face this.



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Maddie! I used to do stuff like that all the time before I has kids! Well.. minus the tutu! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yeah the tutu was just an extra thing that I did. :) It was nice to be out in the sun up on Skyline enjoying God's creationa and clearing my head.

    ReplyDelete